Thursday 28 November 2013

The English class and university?



The English class and university?
The English class of this semester was better than the class of the last semester, the teacher was teaching the class better, and make it more interactive. I think the class need to be imrpoved in aspects like the exigence (in all courses), and maybe change the type of the activities often to make the classes more dynamic.
I think my knowledge of english has developed a little bit, because  in my opinion, there is a point in which knowledge stagnates in the format of classes, and only through interaction and daily practice may allow the development and management of English.
The use of blogs is a practice tool, but I think the
blog should be homemade, because  I hear people say, Why I get up early to do something that I can do at home? And I agree with them. Maybe only a small part of the class should be focused on that. But It´s right, are not necessarily things as one would like to.
Recently I use the english often, for translate songs or when I see a movie, usually I Compare
with subtitles what the actors say, and sometimes I see movies do not have subtitles. And for more important things, I take a subject in which I have to read texts in English all the time, and my english develop is enough for understand the ideas, is difficult for me interpret deeply the thought of what the authors mean, practically only understand textual each paragraph.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right in one point: getting here so early to write stuff you could do at home. This is a point that should be improved next semester.

    I also think you are right when you say that learning another language is an interactive activity because language is a living entity that actually comes to live when you speak it with other people.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete